Valid for Submission
M84.60XP is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of pathological fracture in other disease, unspecified site, subsequent encounter for fracture with malunion. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M84.60XP might also be used to specify conditions or terms like dentinogenesis imperfecta or skeletal dysplasia with wormian bone, multiple fractures, dentinogenesis imperfecta syndrome.
|Short Description:||Path fx in oth disease, unsp site, subs for fx w malunion|
|Long Description:||Pathological fracture in other disease, unspecified site, subsequent encounter for fracture with malunion|
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Dentinogenesis imperfecta
- Skeletal dysplasia with wormian bone, multiple fractures, dentinogenesis imperfecta syndrome
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M84.60XP is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 564 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 565 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 566 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M84.60XP to ICD-9
- 733.81 - Malunion of fracture (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Disorders of bone density and structure (M80-M85)
Disorder of continuity of bone (M84)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020