Valid for Submission
M75.100 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified rotator cuff tear or rupture of unspecified shoulder, not specified as traumatic. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M75.100 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like nontraumatic rotator cuff tear or partial thickness rotator cuff tear or rotator cuff impingement syndrome or rotator cuff syndrome or supraspinatus syndrome.
The code is commonly used in orthopedics medical specialties to specify clinical concepts such as selected shoulder conditions.
|Short Description:||Unsp rotatr-cuff tear/ruptr of unsp shoulder, not trauma|
|Long Description:||Unspecified rotator cuff tear or rupture of unspecified shoulder, not specified as traumatic|
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Nontraumatic rotator cuff tear
- Partial thickness rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff syndrome
- Supraspinatus syndrome
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M75.100 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 557 - TENDONITIS, MYOSITIS AND BURSITIS WITH MCC
- 558 - TENDONITIS, MYOSITIS AND BURSITIS WITHOUT MCC
Convert M75.100 to ICD-9
- 726.10 - Rotator cuff synd NOS (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Other soft tissue disorders (M70-M79)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020