Valid for Submission
M41.86 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other forms of scoliosis, lumbar region. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M41.86 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like scoliosis of lumbar spine.
|Short Description:||Other forms of scoliosis, lumbar region|
|Long Description:||Other forms of scoliosis, lumbar region|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M41.86 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Scoliosis of lumbar spine
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M41.86 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 456 - SPINAL FUSION EXCEPT CERVICAL WITH SPINAL CURVATURE OR MALIGNANCY OR INFECTION OR EXTENSIVE FUSIONS WITH MCC
- 457 - SPINAL FUSION EXCEPT CERVICAL WITH SPINAL CURVATURE OR MALIGNANCY OR INFECTION OR EXTENSIVE FUSIONS WITH CC
- 458 - SPINAL FUSION EXCEPT CERVICAL WITH SPINAL CURVATURE OR MALIGNANCY OR INFECTION OR EXTENSIVE FUSIONS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M41.86 to ICD-9
- 737.39 - Scoliosis NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020