Diagnosis Code M21.822
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M21.822 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 564 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 565 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 566 - OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 736.89 - Oth acq limb deformity (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Of the 206 bones in your body, three of them are in your arm: the humerus, radius, and ulna. Your arms are also made up of muscles, joints, tendons, and other connective tissue. Injuries to any of these parts of the arm can occur during sports, a fall, or an accident.
Types of arm injuries include
- Tendinitis and bursitis
- Broken bones
- Nerve problems
You may also have problems or injure specific parts of your arm, such as your hand, wrist, elbow, or shoulder.
- Arm CT scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Brachial plexopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial head fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)