L89.216 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of pressure-induced deep tissue damage of right hip. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Pressure injury of deep tissue of right hip
- Pressure injury of right hip
L89216 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
Pressure sores are areas of damaged skin caused by staying in one position for too long. They commonly form where your bones are close to your skin, such as your ankles, back, elbows, heels and hips. You are at risk if you are bedridden, use a wheelchair, or are unable to change your position. Pressure sores can cause serious infections, some of which are life-threatening. They can be a problem for people in nursing homes.
You can prevent the sores by :
- Keeping skin clean and dry
- Changing position every two hours
- Using pillows and products that relieve pressure
Pressure sores have a variety of treatments. Advanced sores are slow to heal, so early treatment is best.
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020