Valid for Submission
L70.4 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of infantile acne. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code L70.4 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acne or acne macule or neonatal acne.
The code L70.4 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Infantile acne|
|Long Description:||Infantile acne|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code L70.4 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Pediatric diagnoses - Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acne macule
- Neonatal acne
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code L70.4 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 606 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 607 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
Convert L70.4 to ICD-9
- 706.1 - Acne NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (L00–L99)
Disorders of skin appendages (L60-L75)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020