Valid for Submission
F17.229 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of nicotine dependence, chewing tobacco, with unspecified nicotine-induced disorders. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Nicotine dependence, chewing tobacco, w unsp disorders|
|Long Description:||Nicotine dependence, chewing tobacco, with unspecified nicotine-induced disorders|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code F17.229 are found in the index:
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code F17.229 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 894 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE, LEFT AMA
- 895 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITH REHABILITATION THERAPY
- 896 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITHOUT REHABILITATION THERAPY WITH MCC
- 897 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITHOUT REHABILITATION THERAPY WITHOUT MCC
Convert F17.229 to ICD-9
- 292.9 - Drug mental disorder NOS (Approximate Flag)
Mental and behavioural disorders (F00–F99)
Mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance use (F10-F19)
Nicotine dependence (F17)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020