Not Valid for Submission
B06 is a "header" nonspecific and non-billable code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of rubella [german measles]. The code is NOT valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Rubella [German measles]|
|Long Description:||Rubella [German measles]|
Consider the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity:
- B06.0 - Rubella with neurological complications
- B06.00 - Rubella with neurological complication, unspecified
- B06.01 - Rubella encephalitis
- B06.02 - Rubella meningitis
- B06.09 - Other neurological complications of rubella
- B06.8 - Rubella with other complications
- B06.81 - Rubella pneumonia
- B06.82 - Rubella arthritis
- B06.89 - Other rubella complications
- B06.9 - Rubella without complication
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code B06:
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- RUBELLA-. an acute infectious disease caused by the rubella virus. the virus enters the respiratory tract via airborne droplet and spreads to the lymphatic system.
- RUBELLA SYNDROME CONGENITAL-. transplacental infection of the fetus with rubella usually in the first trimester of pregnancy as a consequence of maternal infection resulting in various developmental abnormalities in the newborn infant. they include cardiac and ocular lesions deafness microcephaly mental retardation and generalized growth retardation. from dorland 27th ed
- RUBELLA VACCINE-. a live attenuated virus vaccine of duck embryo or human diploid cell tissue culture origin used for routine immunization of children and for immunization of nonpregnant adolescent and adult females of childbearing age who are unimmunized and do not have serum antibodies to rubella. children are usually immunized with measles mumps rubella combination vaccine. dorland 28th ed
- RUBELLA VIRUS-. the type and only species of rubivirus causing acute infection in humans primarily children and young adults. humans are the only natural host. a live attenuated vaccine is available for prophylaxis.
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Viral infections characterized by skin and mucous membrane lesions (B00-B09)
Rubella [German measles] (B06)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020