Valid for Submission
A95.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of yellow fever, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A95.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like hepatitis in yellow fever or yellow fever.
|Short Description:||Yellow fever, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Yellow fever, unspecified|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A95.9 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Hepatitis in yellow fever
- Yellow fever
- YELLOW FEVER-. an acute infectious disease primarily of the tropics caused by a virus and transmitted to man by mosquitoes of the genera aedes and haemagogus. the severe form is characterized by fever hemolytic jaundice and renal damage.
- YELLOW FEVER VIRUS-. the type species of the flavivirus genus. principal vector transmission to humans is by aedes spp. mosquitoes.
- YELLOW FEVER VACCINE-. vaccine used to prevent yellow fever. it consists of a live attenuated 17d strain of the yellow fever virus.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A95.9 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 865 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITH MCC
- 866 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITHOUT MCC
Convert A95.9 to ICD-9
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral hemorrhagic fevers (A90-A99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020