Valid for Submission
A92.30 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of west nile virus infection, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A92.30 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like asymptomatic west nile virus infection or disease due to west nile virus or west nile fever without encephalitis.
|Short Description:||West Nile virus infection, unspecified|
|Long Description:||West Nile virus infection, unspecified|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code A92.30:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- West Nile fever NOS
- West Nile fever without complications
- West Nile virus NOS
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A92.30 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Asymptomatic West Nile virus infection
- Disease due to West Nile virus
- West Nile fever without encephalitis
- WEST NILE FEVER-. a mosquito borne viral illness caused by the west nile virus a flavivirus and endemic to regions of africa asia and europe. common clinical features include headache; fever; maculopapular rash; gastrointestinal symptoms; and lymphadenopathy. meningitis; encephalitis; and myelitis may also occur. the disease may occasionally be fatal or leave survivors with residual neurologic deficits. from joynt clinical neurology 1996 ch26 p13; lancet 1998 sep 5;3529130:767 71
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A92.30 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 865 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITH MCC
- 866 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITHOUT MCC
Convert A92.30 to ICD-9
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral hemorrhagic fevers (A90-A99)
Other mosquito-borne viral fevers (A92)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020