Valid for Submission
A92.4 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of rift valley fever. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A92.4 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like rift valley fever.
|Short Description:||Rift Valley fever|
|Long Description:||Rift Valley fever|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A92.4 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- RIFT VALLEY FEVER-. an acute infection caused by the rift valley fever virus an rna arthropod borne virus affecting domestic animals and humans. in animals symptoms include hepatitis; abortion abortion veterinary; and death. in humans symptoms range from those of a flu like disease to hemorrhagic fever encephalitis or blindness.
- RIFT VALLEY FEVER VIRUS-. a mosquito borne species of the phlebovirus genus found in eastern central and southern africa producing massive hepatitis abortion and death in sheep goats cattle and other animals. it also has caused disease in humans.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A92.4 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 865 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITH MCC
- 866 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITHOUT MCC
Convert A92.4 to ICD-9
- 066.3 - Mosquito-borne fever NEC (Approximate Flag)
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral hemorrhagic fevers (A90-A99)
Other mosquito-borne viral fevers (A92)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020