Diagnosis Code N46.025
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Adult diagnoses Adult diagnoses
Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
Diagnoses for males only Diagnoses for males only
Diagnoses for males only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code N46.025 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 729 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC/MCC
- 730 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 606.0 - Azoospermia (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Azoospermia due to systemic disease
Information for Patients
Infertility is a term doctors use if a man hasn't been able to get a woman pregnant after at least one year of trying. Causes of male infertility include
- Physical problems with the testicles
- Blockages in the ducts that carry sperm
- Hormone problems
- A history of high fevers or mumps
- Genetic disorders
- Lifestyle or environmental factors
About a third of the time, infertility is because of a problem with the man. One third of the time, it is a problem with the woman. Sometimes no cause can be found.
If you suspect you are infertile, see your doctor. There are tests that may tell if you have fertility problems. When it is possible to find the cause, treatments may include medicines, surgery, or assisted reproductive technology. Happily, many couples treated for infertility are able to have babies.
NIH: National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Semen analysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Testicular biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)