Diagnosis Code M67.00
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M67.00 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 727.81 - Contracture of tendon (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Acquired short Achilles tendon
- Contracture of tendo achilles
- Short Achilles tendon
- Soft tissue lesion of lower leg and ankle
Information for Patients
Heel problems are common and can be painful. Often, they result from too much stress on your heel bone and the tissues that surround it. That stress can come from
- Bruises that you get walking, running or jumping
- Wearing shoes that don't fit or aren't made well
- Being overweight
These can lead to tendinitis, bursitis, and fasciitis, which are all types of inflammation of the tissues that surround your heel. Over time the stress can cause bone spurs and deformities. Certain diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and gout, can also lead to heel problems. Treatments for heel problems might include rest, medicines, exercises, taping, and special shoes. Surgery is rarely needed.
- Achilles tendinitis
- Achilles tendon repair
- Achilles tendon rupture - aftercare
- Bursitis of the heel
- Heel pain
- Heel pain and Achilles tendonitis -- aftercare
- Plantar fasciitis