Diagnosis Code M50.13
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M50.13 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 722.91 - Disc dis NEC/NOS-cerv (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code M50.13 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of “other specified” codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- C7-T1 disc disorder WITH "With"
The word “with” should be interpreted to mean “associated with” or “due to” when it appears in a code title, the Alphabetic Index, or an instructional note in the Tabular List. The word “with” in the Alphabetic Index is sequenced immediately following the main term, not in alphabetical order. radiculopathy
- C8 radiculopathy due to disc disorder
- C7-T1 disc disorder WITH "With"
Information for Patients
Neck Injuries and Disorders
Any part of your neck - muscles, bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, or nerves - can cause neck problems. Neck pain is very common. Pain may also come from your shoulder, jaw, head, or upper arms.
Muscle strain or tension often causes neck pain. The problem is usually overuse, such as from sitting at a computer for too long. Sometimes you can strain your neck muscles from sleeping in an awkward position or overdoing it during exercise. Falls or accidents, including car accidents, are another common cause of neck pain. Whiplash, a soft tissue injury to the neck, is also called neck sprain or strain.
Treatment depends on the cause, but may include applying ice, taking pain relievers, getting physical therapy or wearing a cervical collar. You rarely need surgery.
- Cervical MRI scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cervical spine CT scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cervical spondylosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neck lump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neck pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neck pain or spasms -- self care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neck x-ray (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal fusion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Torticollis (Medical Encyclopedia)
Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Also called: Neuritis, Peripheral neuritis, Peripheral neuropathy
Your peripheral nerves are the ones outside your brain and spinal cord. Like static on a telephone line, peripheral nerve disorders distort or interrupt the messages between the brain and the rest of the body.
There are more than 100 kinds of peripheral nerve disorders. They can affect one nerve or many nerves. Some are the result of other diseases, like diabetic nerve problems. Others, like Guillain-Barre syndrome, happen after a virus infection. Still others are from nerve compression, like carpal tunnel syndrome or thoracic outlet syndrome. In some cases, like complex regional pain syndrome and brachial plexus injuries, the problem begins after an injury. Some people are born with peripheral nerve disorders.
Symptoms often start gradually, and then get worse. They include
- Burning or tingling
- Muscle weakness
- Sensitivity to touch
Treatment aims to treat any underlying problem, reduce pain and control symptoms.
NIH: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Axillary nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Chronic inflammatory polyneuropathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Common peroneal nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Distal median nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Femoral nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Glossopharyngeal neuralgia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Metabolic neuropathies (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mononeuritis multiplex (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neuralgia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neuropathy secondary to drugs (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Peripheral neuropathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Sensorimotor polyneuropathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tibial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ulnar nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)