Valid for Submission
M50.80 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of other cervical disc disorders, unspecified cervical region. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M50.80 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like calcification of cervical disc or calcification of intervertebral cartilage and/or disc or calcification of intervertebral cartilage and/or disc of cervical region or intervertebral disk calcification or resorption of cervical disc.
The code is commonly used in orthopedics medical specialties to specify clinical concepts such as cervical spine disorders and displacement.
|Short Description:||Other cervical disc disorders, unspecified cervical region|
|Long Description:||Other cervical disc disorders, unspecified cervical region|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code M50.80 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Calcification of cervical disc
- Calcification of intervertebral cartilage AND/OR disc
- Calcification of intervertebral cartilage AND/OR disc of cervical region
- Intervertebral disk calcification
- Resorption of cervical disc
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M50.80 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 551 - MEDICAL BACK PROBLEMS WITH MCC
- 552 - MEDICAL BACK PROBLEMS WITHOUT MCC
Convert M50.80 to ICD-9
- 722.91 - Disc dis NEC/NOS-cerv (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Other dorsopathies (M50-M54)
Cervical disc disorders (M50)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020