Diagnosis Code M43.8
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code M43.8 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- kyphosis and lordosis (M40.-)
- scoliosis (M41.-)
Information for Patients
Spine Injuries and Disorders
Your backbone, or spine, is made up of 26 bone discs called vertebrae. The vertebrae protect your spinal cord and allow you to stand and bend. A number of problems can change the structure of the spine or damage the vertebrae and surrounding tissue. They include
- Conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis and scoliosis
- Bone changes that come with age, such as spinal stenosis and herniated disks
Spinal diseases often cause pain when bone changes put pressure on the spinal cord or nerves. They can also limit movement. Treatments differ by disease, but sometimes they include back braces and surgery.
- Compression fractures of the back (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foraminotomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Kyphosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laminectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lordosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal fusion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spine surgery - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spondylolisthesis (Medical Encyclopedia)