Diagnosis Code K14
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code K14 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- erythroplakia (K13.29)
- focal epithelial hyperplasia (K13.29)
- leukedema of tongue (K13.29)
- leukoplakia of tongue (K13.21)
- hairy leukoplakia (K13.3)
- macroglossia (congenital) (Q38.2)
- submucous fibrosis of tongue (K13.5)
Information for Patients
Your tongue helps you taste, swallow, and chew. You also use it to speak. Your tongue is made up of many muscles. The upper surface contains your taste buds.
Problems with the tongue include
- Changes in color or texture
- Abnormal movement or difficulty moving the tongue
- Taste problems
These problems can have many different causes. Treatment depends on the underlying problem.
- Geographic tongue
- Tongue biopsy
- Tongue problems
- Tongue tie