Valid for Submission
K14.2 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of median rhomboid glossitis. The code K14.2 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code K14.2 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like persistent tuberculum impar.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code K14.2 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Persistent tuberculum impar
Convert K14.2 to ICD-9 Code
Information for Patients
Your tongue helps you taste, swallow, and chew. You also use it to speak. Your tongue is made up of many muscles. The upper surface contains your taste buds.
Problems with the tongue include
- Changes in color or texture
- Abnormal movement or difficulty moving the tongue
- Taste problems
These problems can have many different causes. Treatment depends on the underlying problem.
- Geographic tongue (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Glossitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Leukoplakia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Macroglossia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tongue biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tongue problems (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tongue tie (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]