Diagnosis Code J31.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 472.2 - Chronic nasopharyngitis
- Chronic nasopharyngitis
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code J31.1 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- acute nasopharyngitis (J00)
Information for Patients
Nose Injuries and Disorders
Also called: Nasal disorders
Your nose is important to your health. It filters the air you breathe, removing dust, germs, and irritants. It warms and moistens the air to keep your lungs and tubes that lead to them from drying out. Your nose also contains the nerve cells that help your sense of smell. When there is a problem with your nose, your whole body can suffer. For example, the stuffy nose of the common cold can make it hard for you to breathe, sleep, or get comfortable.
Many problems besides the common cold can affect the nose. They include
- Deviated septum - a shifting of the wall that divides the nasal cavity into halves
- Nasal polyps - soft growths that develop on the lining of your nose or sinuses
- Rhinitis - inflammation of the nose and sinuses sometimes caused by allergies. The main symptom is a runny nose.
- Nasal fractures, also known as a broken nose
- Choanal atresia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foreign body in the nose (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nasal endoscopy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nasal fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nasal polyps (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nose fracture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nosebleed (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Stuffy or runny nose - adult (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Stuffy or runny nose - children (Medical Encyclopedia)