Diagnosis Code I83.209
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Adult diagnoses Adult diagnoses
Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code I83.209 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
- PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITH MCC 299
- PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITH CC 300
- PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC 301
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 454.2 - Varicos leg ulcer/inflam (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Infected varicose ulcer
- Varicose ulcer of lower extremity
- Varicose veins of lower extremity with inflammation
- Varicose veins of lower extremity with ulcer
- Varicose veins of lower extremity with ulcer AND inflammation
- Varicose veins of the leg with eczema
- Varicose veins of the leg with ulcer
- Varicose veins of the leg with ulcer and eczema