Diagnosis Code F48.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 300.6 - Depersonalization disord
- Depersonalization disorder
- Depersonalization-derealization syndrome
- Derealization syndrome
Information for Patients
Also called: Mental illness
Mental disorders include a wide range of problems, including
- Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and phobias
- Bipolar disorder
- Mood disorders
- Personality disorders
- Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
There are many causes of mental disorders. Your genes and family history may play a role. Your life experiences, such as stress or a history of abuse, may also matter. Biological factors can also be part of the cause. A traumatic brain injury can lead to a mental disorder. A mother's exposure to viruses or toxic chemicals while pregnant may play a part. Other factors may increase your risk, such as use of illegal drugs or having a serious medical condition like cancer.
Medications and counseling can help many mental disorders.
- Adjustment disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Conversion disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Illness anxiety disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Somatic symptom disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)