Diagnosis Code F16.929
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code F16.929 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 894 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE, LEFT AMA
- 895 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITH REHABILITATION THERAPY
- 896 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITHOUT REHABILITATION THERAPY WITH MCC
- 897 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITHOUT REHABILITATION THERAPY WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 292.2 - Pathologic drug intox (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Also called: Substance abuse
Drug abuse is a serious public health problem that affects almost every community and family in some way. Each year drug abuse causes millions of serious illnesses or injuries among Americans. Abused drugs include
- Anabolic steroids
- Club drugs
- Prescription drugs, including opioids
Drug abuse also plays a role in many major social problems, such as drugged driving, violence, stress, and child abuse. Drug abuse can lead to homelessness, crime, and missed work or problems with keeping a job. It harms unborn babies and destroys families. There are different types of treatment for drug abuse. But the best is to prevent drug abuse in the first place.
NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Drug abuse (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Drug dependence (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Toxicology screen (Medical Encyclopedia)