Valid for Submission
P96.2 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of withdrawal symptoms from therapeutic use of drugs in newborn. The code P96.2 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code P96.2 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like withdrawal symptom or withdrawal symptoms from therapeutic use of drugs in newborn.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code P96.2 are found in the index:
- - Syndrome - See Also: Disease;
- - Withdrawal state - See Also: Dependence, drug by type, with withdrawal;
- - newborn
- - therapeutic substance, neonatal - P96.2
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Withdrawal symptom
- Withdrawal symptoms from therapeutic use of drugs in newborn
Convert P96.2 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code P96.2 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
Uncommon Infant and Newborn Problems
It can be scary when your baby is sick, especially when it is not an everyday problem like a cold or a fever. You may not know whether the problem is serious or how to treat it. If you have concerns about your baby's health, call your health care provider right away.
Learning information about your baby's condition can help ease your worry. Do not be afraid to ask questions about your baby's care. By working together with your health care provider, you make sure that your baby gets the best care possible.
- Brief resolved unexplained event -- BRUE (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crying - excessive (0-6 months) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Failure to thrive (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemorrhagic disease of the newborn (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperglycemia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal sepsis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neutropenia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)