Valid for Submission
M96.622 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of fracture of humerus following insertion of orthopedic implant, joint prosthesis, or bone plate, left arm. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
|Short Description:||Fx humerus fol insrt ortho implnt/prosth/bone plt, left arm|
|Long Description:||Fracture of humerus following insertion of orthopedic implant, joint prosthesis, or bone plate, left arm|
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M96.622 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 559 - AFTERCARE, MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITH MCC
- 560 - AFTERCARE, MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITH CC
- 561 - AFTERCARE, MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert M96.622 to ICD-9
- 996.49 - Mech com orth dev NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Intraoperative and postprocedural complications and disorders of musculoskeletal system, not elsewhere classified (M96)
Intraop and postproc comp and disorders of ms sys, NEC (M96)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020