Valid for Submission
M14.89 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of arthropathies in other specified diseases classified elsewhere, multiple sites. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code M14.89 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like arthropathy associated with a mycosis or arthropathy associated with helminthiasis or arthropathy associated with mycoses, of multiple sites or arthropathy of multiple sites associated with helminthiasis.
|Short Description:||Arthropathies in oth diseases classd elswhr, multiple sites|
|Long Description:||Arthropathies in other specified diseases classified elsewhere, multiple sites|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Manifestation diagnoses - Manifestation codes describe the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Arthropathy associated with a mycosis
- Arthropathy associated with helminthiasis
- Arthropathy associated with mycoses, of multiple sites
- Arthropathy of multiple sites associated with helminthiasis
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code M14.89 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 553 - BONE DISEASES AND ARTHROPATHIES WITH MCC
- 554 - BONE DISEASES AND ARTHROPATHIES WITHOUT MCC
Convert M14.89 to ICD-9
- 713.8 - Arthrop w oth dis NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue (M00–M99)
Inflammatory polyarthropathies (M05-M14)
Arthropathies in other diseases classified elsewhere (M14)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020