Diagnosis Code M13.15
Information for Patients
If you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around, you might have arthritis. Most kinds of arthritis cause pain and swelling in your joints. Joints are places where two bones meet, such as your elbow or knee. Over time, a swollen joint can become severely damaged. Some kinds of arthritis can also cause problems in your organs, such as your eyes or skin.
Types of arthritis include
- Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis. It's often related to aging or to an injury.
- Autoimmune arthritis happens when your body's immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake. Rheumatoid arthritis is the most common form of this kind of arthritis.
- Juvenile arthritis is a type of arthritis that happens in children.
- Infectious arthritis is an infection that has spread from another part of the body to the joint.
- Psoriatic arthritis affects people with psoriasis.
- Gout is a painful type of arthritis that happens when too much uric acid builds up in the body. It often starts in the big toe.
NIH: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Arthritis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Osteotomy of the knee (Medical Encyclopedia)
Hip Injuries and Disorders
Your hip is the joint where your thigh bone meets your pelvis bone. Hips are called ball-and-socket joints because the ball-like top of your thigh bone moves within a cup-like space in your pelvis. Your hips are very stable. When they are healthy, it takes great force to hurt them. However, playing sports, running, overuse or falling can all sometimes lead to hip injuries. These include
Certain diseases also lead to hip injuries or problems. Osteoarthritis can cause pain and limited motion. Osteoporosis of the hip causes weak bones that break easily. Both of these are common in older people.
Treatment for hip disorders may include rest, medicines, physical therapy, or surgery, including hip replacement.
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Getting your home ready - knee or hip surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hip arthroscopy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hip flexor strain -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hip fracture - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hip fracture surgeries (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hip joint injection (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hip pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Legg-Calve-Perthes disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Trochanteric bursitis (Medical Encyclopedia)