Valid for Submission
L04.3 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of acute lymphadenitis of lower limb. The code L04.3 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code L04.3 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acute lymphadenitis, acute lymphadenitis of inguinal lymph nodes, acute lymphadenitis of lower limb or inguinal lymphadenopathy.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code L04.3:
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Acute lymphadenitis of hip
Type 2 ExcludesType 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- acute lymphadenitis of groin L04.1
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code L04.3 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acute lymphadenitis
- Acute lymphadenitis of inguinal lymph nodes
- Acute lymphadenitis of lower limb
- Inguinal lymphadenopathy
Convert L04.3 to ICD-9 Code
The General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) crosswalk indicates an approximate mapping between the ICD-10 code L04.3 its ICD-9 equivalent. The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 code and the ICD-9 code and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.
Information for Patients
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs. It is made up of
- Lymph - a fluid that contains white blood cells that defend against germs
- Lymph vessels - vessels that carry lymph throughout your body. They are different from blood vessels.
- Lymph nodes - glands found throughout the lymph vessels. Along with your spleen, these nodes are where white blood cells fight infection.
Your bone marrow and thymus produce the cells in lymph. They are part of the system, too.
The lymphatic system clears away infection and keeps your body fluids in balance. If it's not working properly, fluid builds in your tissues and causes swelling, called lymphedema. Other lymphatic system problems can include infections, blockage, and cancer.
- Cancer and lymph nodes (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cystic hygroma (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Groin lump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymph node biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymph system (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymphadenitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymphangitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lymphofollicular hyperplasia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neck lump (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Swollen lymph nodes (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]