Diagnosis Code H35.029
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code H35.029 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 362.12 - Exudative retinopathy (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Coats' disease
- Exudative retinopathy
- Retinal telangiectasia
Information for Patients
The retina is a layer of tissue in the back of your eye that senses light and sends images to your brain. In the center of this nerve tissue is the macula. It provides the sharp, central vision needed for reading, driving and seeing fine detail.
Retinal disorders affect this vital tissue. They can affect your vision, and some can be serious enough to cause blindness. Examples are
- Macular degeneration - a disease that destroys your sharp, central vision
- Diabetic eye disease
- Retinal detachment - a medical emergency, when the retina is pulled away from the back of the eye
- Retinoblastoma - cancer of the retina. It is most common in young children.
- Macular pucker - scar tissue on the macula
- Macular hole - a small break in the macula that usually happens to people over 60
- Floaters - cobwebs or specks in your field of vision
NIH: National Eye Institute
- Amaurosis fugax (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Central serous choroidopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electroretinography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Fluorescein angiography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- High blood pressure and eye disease (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Home vision tests (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Intravitreal injection (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retinal artery occlusion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Retinal vein occlusion (Medical Encyclopedia)