Diagnosis Code F10.19
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code F10.19 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 894 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE, LEFT AMA
- 895 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITH REHABILITATION THERAPY
- 896 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITHOUT REHABILITATION THERAPY WITH MCC
- 897 - ALCOHOL, DRUG ABUSE OR DEPENDENCE WITHOUT REHABILITATION THERAPY WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 291.9 - Alcohol mental disor NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Disorder due to alcohol abuse
Information for Patients
Also called: Drinking
If you are like many Americans, you drink alcohol at least occasionally. For many people, moderate drinking is probably safe. It may even have health benefits, including reducing your risk of certain heart problems. For most women and for most people over 65, moderate drinking is no more than three drinks a day or seven drinks per week. For men under 65, it is no more than four drinks a day or 14 drinks per week.
Some people should not drink at all, including alcoholics, children, pregnant women, people taking certain medicines, and people with certain medical conditions. If you have questions about whether it is safe for you to drink, speak with your health care provider.
Anything more than moderate drinking can be risky. Heavy drinking can lead to alcoholism and alcohol abuse, as well as injuries, liver disease, heart disease, cancer, and other health problems. It can also cause problems at home, at work, and with friends.
NIH: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Alcohol use and safe drinking (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Calorie count - Alcoholic beverages (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Deciding to quit drinking alcohol (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health risks of alcohol use (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Weight loss and alcohol (Medical Encyclopedia)
- What type of drinker are you? (Medical Encyclopedia)
- When you are drinking too much - tips for cutting back (Medical Encyclopedia)