Valid for Submission
B88.1 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of tungiasis [sandflea infestation]. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code B88.1 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like dermatosis due to flea or tunga penetrans infestation.
|Short Description:||Tungiasis [sandflea infestation]|
|Long Description:||Tungiasis [sandflea infestation]|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code B88.1 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Dermatosis due to flea
- Tunga penetrans infestation
- TUNGIASIS-. an infestation with the flea tunga penetrans causing inflammation pruritus and pain in both humans and other mammals. there is a high incidence of secondary infections such as bacteremia and tetanus.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code B88.1 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 606 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 607 - MINOR SKIN DISORDERS WITHOUT MCC
Convert B88.1 to ICD-9
- 134.1 - Arthropod infest NEC (Approximate Flag)
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Pediculosis, acariasis and other infestations (B85-B89)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021