Diagnosis Code Y62.5
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- E872.6 - Fail sterile heart cath
- Failure of sterile precautions during heart catheterization
Information for Patients
Every year, lives are lost because of the spread of infections in hospitals. Health care workers can take steps to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. These steps are part of infection control.
Proper hand washing is the most effective way to prevent the spread of infections in hospitals. If you are a patient, don't be afraid to remind friends, family and health care providers to wash their hands before getting close to you.
Other steps health care workers can take include
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Staying up-to-date with immunizations
- Using gloves, masks and protective clothing
- Making tissues and hand cleaners available
- Following hospital guidelines when dealing with blood or contaminated items
- After an exposure to sharps or body fluids
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Central line infections - hospitals
- Cleaning supplies and equipment
- Cleaning to prevent the spread of germs
- Isolation precautions
- Personal protective equipment
- Preventing infections when visiting
- Staph infections - hospital