Diagnosis Code O60.12X0
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code O60.12X0 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
- VAGINAL DELIVERY WITH STERILIZATION AND/OR D&C 767
- VAGINAL DELIVERY WITH O.R. PROCEDURE EXCEPT STERILIZATION AND/OR D&C 768
- Premature labor
- Premature/false labor
- Preterm labor in second trimester with preterm delivery in second trimester
Information for Patients
Also called: Early Labor, Premature Birth, Premature Labor, Preterm Birth
Preterm labor is labor that starts before 37 completed weeks of pregnancy. It can lead to premature birth. Premature babies may face serious health risks.
Symptoms of preterm labor include
- Contractions every 10 minutes or more often
- Leaking fluid or bleeding from the vagina
- Feeling of pressure in the pelvis
- Low, dull backache
- Cramps that feel like menstrual cramps
- Abdominal cramps with or without diarrhea
If you think you might be having preterm labor, contact your health care provider.
NIH: National Institute of Child Health and Human Development