Diagnosis Code O32.9XX1
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code O32.9XX1 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Information for Patients
While childbirth usually goes well, complications can happen. They can cause a risk to the mother, baby, or both. Possible complications include
- Preterm (premature) labor, when labor starts before 37 completed weeks of pregnancy
- Problems with the umbilical cord
- Problems with the position of the baby, such as breech, in which the baby is going to come out feet first
- Birth injuries
For some of these problems, the baby may need to be delivered surgically by a Cesarean section.
- Assisted delivery with forceps (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Brachial plexus injury in newborns (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breech birth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Caput succedaneum (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Meconium aspiration syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Premature rupture of membranes (Medical Encyclopedia)