Diagnosis Code N83.52
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code N83.52 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
- UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC 742
- UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC 743
- Accessory fallopian tube
- Torsion of accessory fallopian tube
- Torsion of fallopian tube
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code N83.52 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of “other specified” codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Torsion of hydatid of Morgagni
Information for Patients
The ovaries are a pair of organs that women have. They are located in the pelvis, one on each side of the uterus. Each ovary is about the size and shape of an almond.
The ovaries produce a woman's eggs. If an egg is fertilized by a sperm, a pregnancy can result. Ovaries also make the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. When a woman goes through menopause, her ovaries stop releasing eggs and make far lower levels of hormones.
Problems with the ovaries include
- Ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cysts and polycystic ovary syndrome
- Premature ovarian failure
- Ovarian torsion, a twisting of the ovary
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
- Ovarian overproduction of androgens