Valid for Submission
N83.529 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of torsion of fallopian tube, unspecified side. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N83.529 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like accessory fallopian tube or torsion of accessory fallopian tube or torsion of fallopian tube.
The code N83.529 is applicable to female patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient.
|Short Description:||Torsion of fallopian tube, unspecified side|
|Long Description:||Torsion of fallopian tube, unspecified side|
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to the code N83.529:
Inclusion Terms Inclusion Terms
These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Torsion of fallopian tube, NOS
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Accessory fallopian tube
- Torsion of accessory fallopian tube
- Torsion of fallopian tube
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N83.529 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 742 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC
- 743 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
N83529 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- N83.52 - Torsion of fallopian tube
Convert N83.529 to ICD-9
- 620.5 - Torsion of ovary or tube (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Noninflammatory disorders of female genital tract (N80-N98)
Noninflammatory disord of ovary, fallop and broad ligament (N83)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020