Diagnosis Code N48.22
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for males only Diagnoses for males only
Diagnoses for males only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code N48.22 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 727 - INFLAMMATION OF THE MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM WITH MCC
- 728 - INFLAMMATION OF THE MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 607.2 - Inflam dis, penis NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Cellulitis of corpus cavernosum
- Cellulitis of penis
- Cellulitis of perineum
- Penile cellulitis/abscess/boil
Information for Patients
Cellulitis is an infection of the skin and deep underlying tissues. Group A strep (streptococcal) bacteria are the most common cause. The bacteria enter your body when you get an injury such as a bruise, burn, surgical cut, or wound.
- Fever and chills
- Swollen glands or lymph nodes
- A rash with painful, red, tender skin. The skin may blister and scab over.
Your health care provider may take a sample or culture from your skin or do a blood test to identify the bacteria causing infection. Treatment is with antibiotics. They may be oral in mild cases, or intravenous (by IV) for more severe cases.
NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Cellulitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Orbital cellulitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Perianal streptococcal cellulitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Periorbital cellulitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
Also called: Penile disorders
Problems with the penis can cause pain and affect a man's sexual function and fertility. Penis disorders include
- Erectile dysfunction - inability to get or keep an erection
- Priapism - a painful erection that does not go away
- Peyronie's disease - bending of the penis during an erection due to a hard lump called a plaque
- Balanitis - inflammation of the skin covering the head of the penis, most often in men and boys who have not been circumcised
- Penile cancer - a rare form of cancer, highly curable when caught early
- Balanitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cancer - penis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Curvature of the penis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epididymitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epispadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Erythroplasia of Queyrat (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias repair (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias repair - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Paraphimosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Penis pain (Medical Encyclopedia)