Diagnosis Code M70.90
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M70.90 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 555 - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITH MCC
- 556 - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 729.90 - Soft tissue disord NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Wounds and Injuries
Also called: Traumatic injuries
An injury is damage to your body. It is a general term that refers to harm caused by accidents, falls, hits, weapons, and more. In the U.S., millions of people injure themselves every year. These injuries range from minor to life-threatening. Injuries can happen at work or play, indoors or outdoors, driving a car, or walking across the street.
Wounds are injuries that break the skin or other body tissues. They include cuts, scrapes, scratches, and punctured skin. They often happen because of an accident, but surgery, sutures, and stitches also cause wounds. Minor wounds usually aren't serious, but it is important to clean them. Serious and infected wounds may require first aid followed by a visit to your doctor. You should also seek attention if the wound is deep, you cannot close it yourself, you cannot stop the bleeding or get the dirt out, or it does not heal.
Other common types of injuries include
- Animal bites
- Electrical injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Bleeding (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crush injury (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cuts and puncture wounds (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electrical injury (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gunshot wounds -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- How wounds heal (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laceration - sutures or staples - at home (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lacerations - liquid bandage (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Surgical wound care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Surgical wound infection - treatment (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wet to dry dressing changes (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wound care centers (Medical Encyclopedia)