Diagnosis Code M43.04
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M43.04 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 738.4 - Acq spondylolisthesis (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Closed fracture thoracic vertebra, posterior arch
- Closed fracture thoracic vertebra, spondylolysis
Information for Patients
Spine Injuries and Disorders
Your backbone, or spine, is made up of 26 bone discs called vertebrae. The vertebrae protect your spinal cord and allow you to stand and bend. A number of problems can change the structure of the spine or damage the vertebrae and surrounding tissue. They include
- Conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis and scoliosis
- Bone changes that come with age, such as spinal stenosis and herniated disks
Spinal diseases often cause pain when bone changes put pressure on the spinal cord or nerves. They can also limit movement. Treatments differ by disease, but sometimes they include back braces and surgery.
- Compression fractures of the back (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foraminotomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Kyphosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Laminectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lordosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spinal fusion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spine surgery - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Spondylolisthesis (Medical Encyclopedia)