Diagnosis Code F45.2
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code F45.2 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- delusional dysmorphophobia (F22)
- fixed delusions about bodily functions or shape (F22)
Information for Patients
Also called: Mental illness
Mental disorders include a wide range of problems, including
- Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and phobias
- Bipolar disorder
- Mood disorders
- Personality disorders
- Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
There are many causes of mental disorders. Your genes and family history may play a role. Your life experiences, such as stress or a history of abuse, may also matter. Biological factors can also be part of the cause. A traumatic brain injury can lead to a mental disorder. A mother's exposure to viruses or toxic chemicals while pregnant may play a part. Other factors may increase your risk, such as use of illegal drugs or having a serious medical condition like cancer.
Medications and counseling can help many mental disorders.
- Adjustment disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Conversion disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Illness anxiety disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Somatic symptom disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)