Diagnosis Code P92.3
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 779.31 - NB feeding problems (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Underfeeding in newborn
Information for Patients
Common Infant and Newborn Problems
It is hard when your baby is sick. Common health problems in babies include colds, coughs, fevers, and vomiting. Babies also commonly have skin problems, like diaper rash or cradle cap.
Many of these problems are not serious. It is important to know how to help your sick baby, and to know the warning signs for more serious problems. Trust your intuition - if you are worried about your baby, call your health care provider right away.
- Colic and crying - self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crying - excessive (0-6 months) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Diaper rash (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Diarrhea in infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Newborn jaundice - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rash - child under 2 years (Medical Encyclopedia)
- When your baby or infant has a fever (Medical Encyclopedia)