P01.2 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of newborn affected by oligohydramnios. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Fetal or neonatal effect of maternal oligohydramnios
- MARCH syndrome
- Hydranencephaly-. a congenital condition where the greater portions of the cerebral hemispheres and corpus striatum are replaced by csf and glial tissue. the meninges and the skull are well formed, which is consistent with earlier normal embryogenesis of the telencephalon. bilateral occlusions of the internal carotid arteries in utero is a potential mechanism. clinical features include intact brainstem reflexes without evidence of higher cortical activity. (menkes, textbook of child neurology, 5th ed, p307)
- Hydranencephaly-. a rare congenital brain disorder in which the cerebral hemispheres are absent and replaced by sacs that contain cerebrospinal fluid. signs and symptoms include irritability, increased muscle tone, seizures, and hydrocephalus. the prognosis is poor.
Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries
The Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is a list of ICD-10 codes, organized "head to toe" into chapters and sections with coding notes and guidance for inclusions, exclusions, descriptions and more. The following references are applicable to this diagnosis code:
Type 1 ExcludesType 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- oligohydramnios due to premature rupture of membranes P01.1
Index to Diseases and Injuries References
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for this diagnosis code are found in the injuries and diseases index:
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|P01.2||761.2 - Oligohydramnios aff NB|
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016 (First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)