Valid for Submission
O98.711 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus [hiv] disease complicating pregnancy, first trimester. The code is valid for the fiscal year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code O98.711 is applicable to female patients aged 12 through 55 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Human immunodef virus disease comp preg, first trimester|
|Long Description:||Human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease complicating pregnancy, first trimester|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Maternity diagnoses - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies in maternity cases by checking a patient's age and any diagnosis on the patient's record. The maternity code edits apply to patients age ange is 9–64 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
- Diagnoses for females only - The Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, these edits apply to FEMALES only
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code O98.711 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V38.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2021.
- 817 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURES WITH MCC
- 818 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURES WITH CC
- 819 - OTHER ANTEPARTUM DIAGNOSES WITH O.R. PROCEDURES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert O98.711 to ICD-9
- 647.61 - Oth viral dis-delivered (Approximate Flag)
- 647.63 - Oth viral dis-antepartum (Approximate Flag)
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00–O99)
Other obstetric conditions, not elsewhere classified (O94-O9A)
Matern infec/parastc dis classd elsw but compl preg/chldbrth (O98)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021