Valid for Submission
N75.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of disease of bartholin's gland, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N75.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like discharge from bartholin's gland or disorder of bartholin's gland or finding of discharge of vulva.
The code N75.9 is applicable to female patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient.
|Short Description:||Disease of Bartholin's gland, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Disease of Bartholin's gland, unspecified|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N75.9 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Discharge from Bartholin's gland
- Disorder of Bartholin's gland
- Finding of discharge of vulva
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N75.9 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 742 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC
- 743 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert N75.9 to ICD-9
- 616.89 - Inflm cerv,vag,vulva NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Inflammatory diseases of female pelvic organs (N70-N77)
Diseases of Bartholin's gland (N75)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020