Valid for Submission
N63.13 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified lump in the right breast, lower outer quadrant. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code N63.13 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like lump in lower outer quadrant of right breast.
|Short Description:||Unspecified lump in the right breast, lower outer quadrant|
|Long Description:||Unspecified lump in the right breast, lower outer quadrant|
This code was replaced in the 2020 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2019. This code was replaced for the FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020).
- N63.15 - Unspecified lump in the right breast, overlapping quadrants
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code N63.13 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Lump in lower outer quadrant of right breast
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code N63.13 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 597 - MALIGNANT BREAST DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 598 - MALIGNANT BREAST DISORDERS WITH CC
- 599 - MALIGNANT BREAST DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
- 600 - NON-MALIGNANT BREAST DISORDERS WITH CC/MCC
- 601 - NON-MALIGNANT BREAST DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
N6313 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- N63 - Unspecified lump in breast
Convert N63.13 to ICD-9
- 611.72 - Lump or mass in breast (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the genitourinary system (N00–N99)
Disorders of breast (N60-N65)
Unspecified lump in breast (N63)
- FY 2018 - Code Added, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020