Diagnosis Code N35.8
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 598.8 - Urethral stricture NEC
- Idiopathic urethral stricture
- Stenosis of urinary meatus
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code N35.8 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- postprocedural urethral stricture (N99.1-)
Information for Patients
The urethra is the tube that allows urine to pass out of the body. In men, it's a long tube that runs through the penis. It also carries semen in men. In women, it's short and is just above the vagina. Urethral problems may happen due to aging, illness, or injury. They include
- Urethral cancer - a rare cancer that happens more often in men
- Urethral stricture - a narrowing of the opening of the urethra
- Urethritis - inflammation of the urethra, sometimes caused by infection
Urethral problems may cause pain or difficulty passing urine. You may also have bleeding or discharge from the urethra.
Doctors diagnose urethral problems using different tests. These include urine tests, x-rays and an examination of the urethra with a scope called a cystoscope. Treatment depends on the cause of the problem. It may include medicines and, in severe cases, surgery.
- Chlamydial infections - male (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epispadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Meatal stenosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Self catheterization - female (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Self catheterization - male (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Traumatic injury of the bladder and urethra (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urethral discharge culture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urethral stricture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urethritis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urinary Retention - NIH (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)