Valid for Submission
K86.81 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code K86.81 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or pancreatic insufficiency.
|Short Description:||Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency|
|Long Description:||Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code K86.81 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency
- Pancreatic insufficiency
- EXOCRINE PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY-. a malabsorption condition resulting from greater than 10% reduction in the secretion of pancreatic digestive enzymes lipase; proteases; and amylase by the exocrine pancreas into the duodenum. this condition is often associated with cystic fibrosis and with chronic pancreatitis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code K86.81 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 438 - DISORDERS OF PANCREAS EXCEPT MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 439 - DISORDERS OF PANCREAS EXCEPT MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 440 - DISORDERS OF PANCREAS EXCEPT MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
K8681 replaces the following previously assigned ICD-10 code(s):
- K86.8 - Other specified diseases of pancreas
Convert K86.81 to ICD-9
- 577.8 - Pancreatic disease NEC (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the digestive system (K00–K93)
Disorders of gallbladder, biliary tract and pancreas (K80-K87)
Other diseases of pancreas (K86)
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020