Valid for Submission
K31.83 is a billable diagnosis code used to specify a medical diagnosis of achlorhydria. The code K31.83 is valid during the fiscal year 2021 from October 01, 2020 through September 30, 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The ICD-10-CM code K31.83 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like achlorhydria or hypochlorhydria.
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code K31.83 are found in the index:
- - Anacidity, gastric - K31.83
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- ACHLORHYDRIA-. a lack of hydrochloric acid in gastric juice despite stimulation of gastric secretion.
Diagnostic Related Groups - MS-DRG Mapping
Convert K31.83 to ICD-9 Code
Information for Patients
Also called: Gastric disorders
Your stomach is an organ between your esophagus and small intestine. It is where digestion of protein begins. The stomach has three tasks. It stores swallowed food. It mixes the food with stomach acids. Then it sends the mixture on to the small intestine.
Most people have a problem with their stomach at one time or another. Indigestion and heartburn are common problems. You can relieve some stomach problems with over-the-counter medicines and lifestyle changes, such as avoiding fatty foods or eating more slowly. Other problems like peptic ulcers or GERD require medical attention.
You should see a doctor if you have any of the following:
- Blood when you have a bowel movement
- Severe abdominal pain
- Heartburn not relieved by antacids
- Unintended weight loss
- Ongoing vomiting or diarrhea
NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Bezoar (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dumping Syndrome - NIH (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)
- EGD discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gastrectomy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gastritis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gastroparesis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pyloric stenosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Stomach acid test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Upper GI and small bowel series (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]