Valid for Submission
H25.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified age-related cataract. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code H25.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like age-related cataract of left eye, age-related cataract of right eye, age-related lens opacity, bilateral age-related cataract, bilateral cataracts, partial cataract, etc
The code H25.9 is applicable to adult patients aged 15 through 124 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Unspecified age-related cataract|
|Long Description:||Unspecified age-related cataract|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code H25.9 are found in the index:
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Adult diagnoses - Adult. Age range is 15–124 years inclusive (e.g., senile delirium, mature cataract).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Age-related cataract of left eye
- Age-related cataract of right eye
- Age-related lens opacity
- Bilateral age-related cataract
- Bilateral cataracts
- Partial cataract
- Senile cataract
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code H25.9 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
Convert H25.9 to ICD-9
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
Disorders of lens (H25-H28)
Age-related cataract (H25)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020