Valid for Submission
H26.003 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of unspecified infantile and juvenile cataract, bilateral. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code H26.003 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like bilateral cataracts, cataract of lens capsule of bilateral eyes, cataract of lens capsule of left eye, cataract of lens capsule of right eye, presenile cataract, presenile cataract of bilateral eyes, etc
The code H26.003 is applicable for patients aged 0 through 17 years inclusive. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a patient outside the stated age range.
|Short Description:||Unspecified infantile and juvenile cataract, bilateral|
|Long Description:||Unspecified infantile and juvenile cataract, bilateral|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Pediatric diagnoses - Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Bilateral cataracts
- Cataract of lens capsule of bilateral eyes
- Cataract of lens capsule of left eye
- Cataract of lens capsule of right eye
- Presenile cataract
- Presenile cataract of bilateral eyes
- Total cataract of lens of bilateral eyes
- Total cataract of lens of left eye
- Total cataract of lens of right eye
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code H26.003 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
Convert H26.003 to ICD-9
- 366.00 - Nonsenile cataract NOS (Approximate Flag)
Diseases of the eye and adnexa (H00–H59)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020