H21.349 is a billable ICD-10 code used to specify a medical diagnosis of primary cyst of pars plana, unspecified eye. The code is valid during the fiscal year 2023 from October 01, 2022 through September 30, 2023 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
Unspecified diagnosis codes like H21.349 are acceptable when clinical information is unknown or not available about a particular condition. Although a more specific code is preferable, unspecified codes should be used when such codes most accurately reflect what is known about a patient's condition. Specific diagnosis codes should not be used if not supported by the patient's medical record.
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Primary cyst of pars plana
Convert to ICD-9 Code
|Source ICD-10 Code||Target ICD-9 Code|
|H21.349||364.63 - Primary cyst pars plana|
|Approximate Flag - The approximate mapping means there is not an exact match between the ICD-10 and ICD-9 codes and the mapped code is not a precise representation of the original code.|
Some eye problems are minor and don't last long. But some can lead to a permanent loss of vision.
Common eye problems include:
- Refractive errors
- Cataracts - clouded lenses
- Optic nerve disorders, including glaucoma
- Retinal disorders - problems with the nerve layer at the back of the eye
- Macular degeneration - a disease that destroys sharp, central vision
- Diabetic eye problems
- Conjunctivitis - an infection also known as pink eye
Your best defense is to have regular checkups, because eye diseases do not always have symptoms. Early detection and treatment could prevent vision loss. See an eye care professional right away if you have a sudden change in vision, if everything looks dim, or if you see flashes of light. Other symptoms that need quick attention are pain, double vision, fluid coming from the eye, and inflammation.
NIH: National Eye Institute
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]
- FY 2023 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2022 through 9/30/2023
- FY 2022 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2021 through 9/30/2022
- FY 2021 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2020 through 9/30/2021
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016 (First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)